HP Laserjet M602 error 49 38 07
This article also applies to the HP Laserjet Enterprise 600 series printers listed below.
- HP Laserjet 600
- HP Laserjet M601
- HP Laserjet M602
- HP Laserjet M603
Turn The Printer Off And Restart The Printer
The first thing to do to clear the error code and get your printer back on line is to turn the printer off and the on again.
Disconnect The Printer From The Network And Restart The Printer
If you have tried powering down and restarting the printer but the HP error code 49.38.07 has returned the next step is to turn the printer off. And (before restarting the printer) disconnect the network cable from the printer. Then turn the printer back on.
If The Printer Goes To Ready Unplugged From The Network, Clear The Print Queue
If the printer goes to ready without showing the error code, there is probably a corrupt print job in the printer queue.
- Go To Devices and Printers
- Go To The HP Printer Icon (for this printer)
- Left Click On The HP Printer Icon
- Right Click On See Whats Printing
- Right Click On Printer
- Right Click On Cancel all documents
The print queue needs to be cleared for every computer on the network that can send print jobs to the HP printer.
After ensuring the the printer queue is cleared, reconnect the printer to the network. If you are now able to print, you’re done.
If The Error Code Reappears When Plugged Back Into The Network Check These Items
- Bad network Cable
- Damaged USB port
- Corrupted Printer Driver
- Network Configuration Problem
These are the most probable causes. You may need to call a printer service technician to correct this problem.
If The HP Laserjet M602 error 49 38 07 Reappears When Disconnected From The Network
If however the error code reappears (while being disconnected from the network) it is not being caused by the network connection.
The next step will be to perform a firmware upgrade.
You can download the most current firmware for your HP Enterprise 600 series printer at support.hp.com. Download the firmware file to a USB flash drive.
- Turn the product on.
- Press the Stop button when the Ready, Data and Attention LEDs illuminate solid.
- Scroll to the Administrator menu, and then press the OK button.
- Scroll to the Download item, and then press the OK button.
- Insert the flash drive with the xxxxxxx.bdl file on it.
If the error message No USB Thumbdrive Files Found appears on the control-panel display, you might need to connect the storage device to the external USB connection on the formatter or try using a different portable storage device.
- Scroll to the USB Thumbdrive item, and then press the OK button.
- Scroll to the xxxxxxx.bdl file, and then press the OK button.
The upgrade process can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
If there is more than one xxxxxxx.bdl file on the storage device, make sure that you select the correct file.
- When the message Complete appears on the control-panel display, press the Back button 3 times.
- When the message Continue appears on the control-panel display, press the OK button. The product will initialize.
- Reconnect your printer to the network and test the print function.
If the printer functions normally you’re done. If the HP Laserjet M602 error 49 38 07 continues to display, you should call you’re local HP service technician.
If you are in our service areas of North Florida or South Florida please give us a call. We would be happy help you correct the problem.
Our friendly and professional staff are available 8 AM – 5 PM Mon-Fri to answer questions and schedule appointments.
Call us at: 877-852-0044